App dieing do to inproper Dx config, please help

Started by
2 comments, last by neonoblivion 20 years ago
My app dies just before the first line of this code: if(lpdikey->GetDeviceState(sizeof(char)*256,keystate)==DIERR_INPUTLOST){ lpdikey->Acquire(); lpdikey->GetDeviceState(sizeof(char)*256,keystate); } I want to emphasize that it does not die do to the code. It has to be some sort of config problem, because it only dies on my pc, it works on all others. I fixed the problem a long time ago but had to fdisk and reinstall. Now the same prob is back, and I can''t remember what I did. -Klaus P.S. All the dx demos that come with the dx sdk work. Also I''m running a dual monitored geforce4/geforcefx5600, just in case you might need to know.
Advertisement
quote:Original post by neonoblivion
My app dies just before the first line of this code:

If it dies *before* that code, it''s not going to be the code that''s causing the problem, is it?

Try showing us the code that it''s just executed when it crashes.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

If you meant that your app dies on that line of code (instead of before it), are you sure that lpdikey has been initialized properly? Perhaps on your machine the creation of that object fails - so make sure to check it and handle it appropriatly.

Dustin Franklin
Mircrosoft DirectX MVP
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )
It does die on that line, not the line before (sry :b ). I checked all my inits on lpdi and the keyboard code and nothing has any errors, as I said this same code works on all other systems. can someone point me to how to fully redo my config in the "right" way. cause that would probably fix things. -K

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement