Project needs a new title

Started by
2 comments, last by Mr Grinch 19 years, 12 months ago
I'm working on sort of a 3d version of the Pirates! and Pirates! Gold games. It's mostly just a way for me to learn some graphics/game programming. Usually I refer to the project as "Pirates" or something like "my pirate game", but since Sid Meier is working on a real sequel and I would like to make a sourceforge project, I think I need a new title (I'd rather not deal with lawyers). You can see the current version from the link in my signature, if you are interested. Does anyone have any ideas for new name? Here are a few potential ideas: Buccaneers, Swashbucklers, etc (ie some pirate synonym) - Kind of cheezy, many of these are already used by other similar projects. Caribbean Cannons The Cannon and the Cutlass A'hoy! Jolly Roger My 3D Pirate Game is in need of a better name, any ideas? [edited by - Mr Grinch on April 21, 2004 7:36:28 PM]
Advertisement
Maybe you can name it after a character of your game. For instance "Blackbeard: The Game" or a somewhat more original name.
Well, part of the deal is that it's sort of open-ended and almost an RPG. You can create your own character, and then do pretty much whatever you want from pillage towns to wooing governer's daughters. At least, in the real Pirates! you can. So far, all you can do in mine is sail around the Carribean aimlessly.

Anyway, there aren't really set characters to name it after. Thanks for the input, though.

My 3D Pirate Game is in need of a better name, want to help?

[edited by - Mr Grinch on April 22, 2004 1:39:38 AM]
Oh, as you can see in my signature, I wrote a little page where you can submit ideas and vote for your favorite name. You can suggest as many as you want, but can only vote once. Don''t worry, you can clear your vote and change it if you want. Check it out here. Thanks.

My 3D Pirate Game is in need of a better name, want to help?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement