GAMEINFORMER issue #133 (May 04) page # 60.

Started by
1 comment, last by abd9e4790f 20 years ago
GAMEINFORMER issue #133 (May 04) page # 60. Get this copy if you already haven't. This article is a first for game magazines (go informer!). It didn't tell me anything new really, but has all the information that I had to get the hard way. It puts it in step-by-step order so all of it is pretty easy to follow. They even point you in the right direction for tools (Engine, 3D Modeler, Paint Program, etc.) They also give you some great book recommendations. Funny thing is, not once did they say you have to start with text or even 2D! So that's encouraging. In fact, I never saw anything but 3D in the article, hence, you don't have to "crawl-before-you-walk." As some cliché fanatics like to mention. I don't believe in the "you need a team" rule, but everything else was right on target. So bottom line, get the magazine because it's the best "getting started" article I've ever seen. [edited by - DIRECTXMEN on April 21, 2004 10:42:58 PM]
Advertisement
Hey thanks for the heads up. I never buy those magazines so I would have never known about it. Now I will have to go and have a look!

edit - Are you a subscriber and get it early? Their website is saying that April is the current issue

[edited by - tad pole on April 21, 2004 10:43:32 PM]
No problem.

EDIT: Yeah, that can get confusing. Just wait until tomorrow when they probably update it.

[edited by - DIRECTXMEN on April 21, 2004 10:58:58 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement