• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

barakus

DirectDraw Animation in C#

This topic is 5203 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

im trying to add animation to my spriteobject class, which is were i draw sprites and bitmaps from. the animation has all the frames in one picture. However when i try it out the entire picture is displayed but in the frames size. Any help woudl be appreciated this is my SpriteObject class: public enum SpriteType { SOLID = 0, TRANSPARENT = 1 } public class SpriteObject { //the objects surface description protected SurfaceDescription desc; // the objects surface protected Surface sprite; // the objects frames protected Rectangle[] frames; // the number of frames in the object protected int nFrames; //current frame being displayed protected int currentframe; //frames height protected int frameHeight; //frames width protected int frameWidth; //path to where the sprite is located protected string pathString; // Target Device protected Device targetDevice; //the objects enum saying whether its transparent or solid protected SpriteType objectType; //X position of the sprite protected int xPosition; //the Y position of the sprite protected int yPosition; public SpriteObject(string PathString, SpriteType ObjectType, int NFrames, int FrameWidth, int FrameHeight, int XPosition, int YPosition, Device TargetDevice) { nFrames = NFrames; pathString = PathString; frameWidth = FrameWidth; frameHeight = FrameHeight; targetDevice = TargetDevice; objectType = ObjectType; xPosition = XPosition; yPosition = YPosition; frames = new Rectangle[nFrames]; InitDisplay(); } //creates the sprite surface protected void InitDisplay() { desc = new SurfaceDescription(); desc.SurfaceCaps.OffScreenPlain = true; desc.Width = frameWidth; desc.Height = frameHeight; sprite = new Surface(pathString, desc, targetDevice); for(int i = 0; i = new Rectangle(pt,new Size(frameWidth, frameHeight)); } switch(objectType) { case SpriteType.TRANSPARENT: // Create a new color key and choose color = black; ColorKey tempKey = new ColorKey(); tempKey.ColorSpaceHighValue = 0; tempKey.ColorSpaceLowValue = 0; // Assign the color key to the surface sprite.SetColorKey(ColorKeyFlags.SourceDraw, tempKey); break; } } // draws the sprite public void DrawSprite(Surface TargetSurface) { if(this.objectType == SpriteType.TRANSPARENT) TargetSurface.DrawFast(xPosition,yPosition, sprite, frames[currentframe], DrawFastFlags.SourceColorKey | DrawFastFlags.Wait); else TargetSurface.DrawFast(xPosition,yPosition, sprite, frames[currentframe], DrawFastFlags.NoColorKey |DrawFastFlags.Wait); } } }

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!