Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Compiling a "Release" of Managed DirectX App

This topic is 4984 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm trying to compile a releaseable version of my Managed DirectX application and it seems I'm doing something wrong because I get a runtime error when I try to run the application on a machine that does not have the "Debug" version of the DirectX runtime files. I can't seem to get it to work unless I install both VS.Net and the DX SDK. I used the "Release" option VS, but perhaps there's something more I need to do? I also wonder if it has something to do with the version or more specifically, build, of DirectX I'm using for development versus what you would normally download when installing DirectX for a game. Let's assume the target machine has just installed .Net 1.1 and the latest version of DirectX (say off the Unreal Tournament 2004 CD). Is managed directx special in that I need another download of something else? Thanks, Chris [edited by - dumdumhead on April 21, 2004 12:39:52 AM]