Available texture units and registered combiners

Started by
3 comments, last by Tree Penguin 19 years, 12 months ago
Hi, i got two questions: 1. Is there a list of hardware with their available texture units? Just so i can look it up (i know how to get the number of texture units in realtime, i just need a list so i know what i can expect). 2. I didn''t really get this: does the NV_REGISTERED_COMBINER extension use 2 texture units if you use 2 texture for it? I think so but i am not really sure. Thanks in advance. WWW.TREEPENGUIN.TK
Advertisement
1) Try here
2) What? NV_RC is a way of combining some input values to get color/alpha. Textures are just one of the input values in it.

You should never let your fears become the boundaries of your dreams.
Thanks, delphi3d.net isn''t really what i am looking for but it''s good enough to give me a rough idea.

WWW.TREEPENGUIN.TK
Hey!

You need this link:

http://www.delphi3d.net/hardware/listreports.php

Although I have never actually used register combiners, I think they''re obsolete. You should rather try cg. Takes you 1-2 days for relatively simple stuff like texture combination and it''s much more extendable than combiners.

Lutz
quote:Original post by Lutz
Although I have never actually used register combiners, I think they're obsolete. You should rather try cg. Takes you 1-2 days for relatively simple stuff like texture combination and it's much more extendable than combiners.

They are not obsolete(yet), just more low-level. There will be a while until everyone has a card that supports FP. Cg actualy compiles to them at some profiles. And if there is a chance of doing same effect in RC or FP, then the RC verison is much faster. The down side is that they are a pain in the a$$ to work with.

[edited by - _DarkWIng_ on April 22, 2004 1:10:19 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement