J2ME game examples

Started by
1 comment, last by Graylien 19 years, 12 months ago
When I first heard of the 2004 Sony Ericsson game developers challenge I was intrigued, but I soon realized that I know next to nothing about J2ME and MIDP games (i.e. games for cell phones or PDAs). Hell, I've never even owned a cell phone. So what is a good cell phone game like? Can anyone point me to a well known title or even an online playable demo of a quality game? I'd like to know the calibre of current leading edge. Thanks. [EDIT] Added word "game" (italicized above) ... [edited by - Graylien on April 23, 2004 9:51:50 AM]
------When thirsty for life, drink whisky. When thirsty for water, add ice.
Advertisement
www.midlet-review.com is a good site to evaluate the current crop of J2ME games. There are independent reviews, screenshots, animated gifs showing the games running, and a play online section (Nokia) where online emulators allow you to play some J2ME games designed for Nokia phones.

I''m not sure what Java cell phones to recommend in Canada. It depends on what''s available, whether the network operator has decided to limit the J2ME functionality in favour of a different download platform (this has happened with some operators in the US), and whether your network operator supports java downloads with its WAP gateway.

Be aware that processing speeds for Java phones can vary a lot, my company has a benchmark that might interest you:
StrangeMaze 3D benchmark
Thanks abstractworlds! That''s exactly the information I needed! The online Nokia emulators are especially useful.
------When thirsty for life, drink whisky. When thirsty for water, add ice.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement