Extreme Noob!! Autoexec.bat???

Started by
14 comments, last by Javedus 20 years ago
quote:Original post by alnite
quote:Original post by philvaira
Why do beginners always have a thread with "?????" or "!!!!"
I think that''s because they are ultra confused and want to get things done as quickly as possible.

Bingo...

Been there done that.

Advertisement
the GNU C compiler is a fantastic crossplatorm compiler created by the GNU Project and released under the GPL license (the most widely used open source/free software license). for the record, Dev-C++ uses the GNU C compiler internally
if you are just learning to program, using a front end to the compiler can be useful, and Dev-C++ is a good windows IDE
however, get your facts straight before talking bad about GCC
-PoesRaven
No one is talking bad about the compiler. It is just no comparison to a full fledged IDE. I cant imagine that Rhide compiler being anything other than a pain in the neck if you were to ever make a large project with multiple files.

i was refering to Ranger50000''s comment:
"tad pole is right dev c++ is much better, but if all you''re wanting is a command line compiler why not get an even better one? The borland command line compiler is free, I used it for a while its available at http://www.borland.com/products/downloads/download_cbuilder.html
Just click on the compiler link."

i should have made that more clear
-PoesRaven
Ok, so it sounds like I should ditch rhide completely cuz i will have an easier time with Dev C++ compiler / IDE. I''ll check that out right away. Thanx for the help.
you can modify the enviromental varibles independently of AUTOEXEC.BAT in XP. go to start, control panels, system, the advanced tab, and the enviromental varibles button. XP usually doesn''t use AUTOEXEC.BAT anymore
We are Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement