Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Experts exchange

This topic is 4983 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This post will only appeal to the moderately greedy among you and will probably be deleted or moved within a couple days, but oh well! if you''ve never heard of www.experts-exchange.com it''s just like any other discussion forum site except that you get points when someone accepts your answer to their question, and when you''ve amassed a certain number of points you get prizes. I''ve never actually investigated what those prizes are or how many points it takes to get them, so can''t tell you if they''re anything to write home about. Anyway, to give you an idea of how unknown and wide open the OpenGL and game programming sections are, ***I*** am the #2-ranked question answerer of all-time on there! And I''m a doofus-faced facedoofus compared to most of you! So don''t be offended if you feel like I''m accusing you of being greedy, just if some of you are paying for college or whatnot and could possibly use an extra prize or two, go check it out. This has been a public service announcement! Let the flames begin... Love means nothing to a tennis player

My nothing-to-write-home-about OpenGL webpage. (please pardon the popups!)

Very interesting, and congrats on being #2 ever.

However, something tells me that this is a sham...

Mainly it is the fact that the #2 poster of all time still has never actually recieved any prizes!

sounds a bit fishy to me...

--Steve

I used it over the summer when I was doing some data base work. I certonly dont remember points being worth more than bragging rights, and the ability to offer for questions.

skow, now that you mention it the only time I''ve seen or heard anything about prizes was from the person who originally told me about the site - you might be right. I''ll ask on the board and post here later.

and thanks for the congrats steve132, but the truth is there''s just not a lot of activity in the OpenGL and game programming sections yet. I''ve only answered 4 questions, and 3 of the 4 were just "go to nehe.gamedev.net and click on tutorials x and y" (I guess if I win a prize I''ll have to pay NeHe a commission :D ). The fourth was answered by the clicking and dragging demo on my site.

Love means nothing to a tennis player

what they''re telling me is there used to be free prizes and free t-shirts, now there''s not.

skow is right, there just isn''t that big a community there for OpenGL.

My whole point in bringing up this thread was for the college students who could use a free prize or two, so it looks like it just ended up being a waste of bandwidth :confused: oh well, at least a couple people had a chuckle!

Love means nothing to a tennis player