Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alnite

SDL License

From http://www.libsdl.org/license.php: To comply with this license, you must give prominent notice that you use the Simple DirectMedia Layer library, and that it is included under the terms of the LGPL license. You must include a copy of the LGPL license. You must also do one of the following: 1. Include the source code for the version of SDL that you link with, as well as the full source or object code to your application so that the user can relink your application, or 2. Include a written offer, valid for at least three years, to provide the materials listed in option 1, charging no more than the cost of providing this distribution, or 3. Make the materials listed in option 1 available from the same place that your application is available. The most common way to comply with the license is to dynamically link with SDL, and then include the SDL source code and appropriate notices with your application. OK, does that mean that I have to distribute the source code of my program as well? I don''t mind redistributing SDL source code, but passing around my source code is what I object.

quote:
Original post by alnite
...The most common way to comply with the license is to dynamically link with SDL, and then include the SDL source code and appropriate notices with your application...

Just do that. Just make sure your app links dynamically(runtime) with SDL and include the SDL source code you are in compliance according to that statement.

I see. I have to distribute my source code if I statically linking the SDL library. But If I dynamically link it, I don't have to.

[edited by - alnite on April 22, 2004 7:03:21 PM]