Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lightmap generator

This topic is 4987 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, I am making a small 3D game.I don''t have the time to write my own lightmap generator.I wanna know if there is some lightmap generators I can use?Thanks!

There are several 3D modeling programs that can make lightmaps, one off the top of my head that can do this is XSI. I'm sure there are others that can as well. But as I know nothing about the format of your level, that may or may not be of any use.

[edited by - mastaba on April 22, 2004 12:00:14 AM]

I believe that there''s a lightmap renderer out there called fsrad that you can download; you might want to look for it.

<-- that''s still a link if you didn''t notice
"Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall." - Grizwald

3D max can generate light maps too. go to render->render to texture and there you can generate light maps.

"If A is a success in life, then A equals X plus Y plus Z. Work is X; Y is play; and Z is keeping your mouth shut". Einstien