3D Arcs?

Started by
13 comments, last by FreakyMisfit 19 years, 12 months ago
Hi skow,
You really think it''s not too hard to write such function??

umm .. will you do it for me?!

I was trying to avoid writing it the entire time, maybe finding a library providing it!

Thanks skow and relpats_eht!
Advertisement
No I won't write it for you as that would be counter productive...But I'll try and point you in the right direction

The easy way of doing this would be to model it in a 3d program and load the model.

If you wish to do it manually...

Think about how you would have a function draw a cylinder... Say its specified as a radius, how many segments around the y axis, and how many points along the z axis...

Now using these inputs instead of just raising them strait up you want to curve them. I would recoment either doing 1/2 a tourus or fitting them to a sin curve, depending on the look you want...

If you wish to do this yourself, and need more help I can explain a little more how to do this at a later time.

[edited by - skow on April 24, 2004 2:02:55 PM]
Hi skow,
obviously you didn''t catch that this was a joke (the smiley!),
but Thanks for your help ...
But maybe you could help me with NURBS curves, I never used ''em, What''s the difference between the control points and the knots?

Thanks everyone!
Ohh, my bad, there are so many people who come here asking people to do their code for them I kinda always assume its not a joke.

As for the NURBS curves, I''ve never used them much in OGL, so I cant be of much help. The very little I did use of them I learned from http://www.mat.ucsb.edu/~c.ramakr/articles/dls/nurbs.pdf
Thanks skow!
I guess that''s all

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement