Air unit war ideas?

Started by
21 comments, last by johnnyBravo 19 years, 11 months ago
yeah i was thinking maybe along the lines of a gas giant or something now, maybe the islands contain some kind of metal that allows them to float higher then the worlds surface
Advertisement
This sort of game (floating islands, except with a trippy steampunk aircraft theme) has already been done before... Radon Labs, their first release using the free/open source Nebula engine. You might check the Project Nomads Demo out for ideas (it was a weird action/RTS hybrid that in my opinion, didn't come together just right). The idea of an RTS with only air (or primarily air) units is worth exploring methinks.

(Suggestion) Perhaps the infantry are the only units capable of taking control of an island, but on their own they are weak/defensless against air threats... attacking would be like waging a convoy protection battle against the other player who is attempting to destroy it before you can land any infantry on their base. This would somewhat sharpen the conflict, by giving a reason (other than the floating islands) for units to congregate... indeed such "terrain" would even be constantly changing (making the relatively trackless terrain of the sky a little more interesting).

[edited by - SteevR on April 28, 2004 4:37:47 AM]
-Steven RokiskiMetatechnicality
Hmmm the demo i downloaded was corrupted

I also found another game called Time of Defiance, an online strategy game.

But i don''t think id go towards battleships etc, because if you had only floating islands id believe resources would be too scare to waste on battleships, maybe just some airships or blimps or zepplins whatever you call them.

But what kind of weapon would suit them?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement