• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Qa303asmGuru

A little respect maybe?

This topic is 5554 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
quote:
Original post by TonyFish
I thought Oluseyi was a 'she' and a feminist one at that (but maybe I'm wrong)
Oluseyi about 21 years ago:

As for the feminist part, nah. I'm for equality of the sexes, but feminism has been perverted into a reverse sexism.

[Edit: Image.]

[edited by - Oluseyi on April 29, 2004 9:35:00 PM]

quote:
Original post by Qa303asmGuru
I hardly considered my "You know you''re obsessed when..." thread a necro. It wasn''t that dated AND people WERE getting a kick out of it.
We''ve been advocating a simple procedure: Start a new thread and link to the old one. Why? It provides a logical break, so only those who are particularly interested need to peruse the earlier thread. It also removes the inhibition of seeing a 10-page thread when one wishes to contribute. Finally, it minimizes per-thread redundancy (the first post should probably summarize consensus from the previous thread).

"Respect"? Goes both ways.

And the appropriate place to post this is GDNet Comments and Suggestions.

quote:
Original post by Oluseyi
We''ve been advocating a simple procedure: Start a new thread and link to the old one. Why? It provides a logical break, so only those who are particularly interested need to peruse the earlier thread. It also removes the inhibition of seeing a 10-page thread when one wishes to contribute. Finally, it minimizes per-thread redundancy (the first post should probably summarize consensus from the previous thread).

"Respect"? Goes both ways.

And the appropriate place to post this is GDNet Comments and Suggestions.

If you link back to an old thread, it''s only a matter of time before someone else will necro it. I also prefer the continuity of a big long thread.

I think it''d be best to have some sort of line break or something if a post is made more than a week after the last post, though.

<-- that''s still a link if you didn''t notice
"Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall." - Grizwald

quote:
Original post by superdeveloper
With the new forums, will all the old messages remain accessible?
Yes, we''ll repopulate the database for the new forums.

Also, there''s work being done on a "Super Index" of GameDev, which will organize links to every article (some articles will be pruned in coming months), relevant thread and known/well-regarded external resource by topic, category, etc - cross-referenced.

quote:
Original post by cowsarenotevil
If you link back to an old thread, it''s only a matter of time before someone else will necro it.
Not if it''s automatically closed after lying dormant for a set time.

quote:
Original post by Oluseyi
Not if it''s automatically closed after lying dormant for a set time.

Everyone knows the new forums are never comming out1, so that''s a non-issue

1: Acually, they''re comming out tomorrow.

<-- that''s still a link if you didn''t notice
"Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall." - Grizwald

quote:
Original post by superdeveloper
With the new forums, will all the old messages remain accessible?

Yes, old messages are viewable. I can even easily find the first post I ever made on these boards, a horribly trite, banal statement that didn''t contribute to the discussion at all.

quote:
Original post by Oluseyi
quote:
Original post by TonyFish
I thought Oluseyi was a ''she'' and a feminist one at that (but maybe I''m wrong)
Oluseyi about 21 years ago:

As for the feminist part, nah. I''m for equality of the sexes, but feminism has been perverted into a reverse sexism.

[Edit: Image.]

[edited by - Oluseyi on April 29, 2004 9:35:00 PM]

wtf im sponsoring you :s

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!