Hiring employee

Started by
7 comments, last by Einstein 23 years, 8 months ago
What''s the best way to find the best employees for a game development company !? (experienced, programmer, artist etc..) Internet newsgroup, website, email, newspaper etc.. ?? Thanks for your suggestion
Advertisement
Hire Me!!!
Why Not?
Dear Message Board Reader,

It looks like you people don''t read the HELP WANTED section of this board. So I post again, what I posted there some days ago.

My company is providing game development companies with affordable (exclusive) resources to
build games. Please look at our
website at http://www.nbsd.de (Link) and especially at the page with art examples (Link).

We provide:
3D Models
Textures
Sound Effects
Music
Package design

Take care,
Niels Bauer

My companies website: www.nielsbauergames.com

Though question. Probably to own a big sack of cash. The IT sector is very sparse. My day job involves Oracle and MFC programming and inspite of my <5 years experience I earn quite a sum here in Eastern-Europe. So, keep looking.

bernie
www.bkgames.com
Do you enjoy Oracle? Because I cannot stand it! Is there a big demand for Oracle or SQL in general?

-Chris Bennett ("Insanity" of Dwarfsoft)

Check our site:
http://www.crosswinds.net/~dwarfsoft/
Check out our NPC AI Mailing List :
http://www.egroups.com/group/NPCAI/
made due to popular demand here at GDNet :)
> Do you enjoy Oracle?

Well, of course it has nothing to do with directx , but I earn twice as money than at PhilosLabs. Anyway, the passion for game programming still remains and I hope someday it will popup as a fulltimer.

> Is there a big demand for Oracle or SQL in general?

IMHO it pays better than working as a java developer. So, can we say I am a market driven guy?

bernie
www.bkgames.com
Hi bernatk,

I was wondering how much you have to know of MFC and Oracle, SQL, etc. for your daily job. Also, do you work within a group or are you alone responsible for the entire project. How complex are these projects meaning comparing to a 3D engine of Genesis3D quality or complexity. Would I get a similar job if I can program on a level as those building the Genesis3d fusion world editor? Just some questions to throw at you while you sip a coffee (I like coke) and reading this forum. Thanks.

Jerry

my homepage
E-Mail: BlueOrbSoftware@mailcity.com
One should get a degree to get the basic skills in IT and the ability of working in team. Of course years of experience doesn''t hurt either.
I work in a huge team at Hungary''s biggest telecommunication company called Matav. Currently I am involved in country wide project.

> How complex are these projects meaning comparing to a 3D engine of Genesis3D quality or complexity

Well, if my code collapses in the worst case we cannot phone, while genesis freezes we have to reboot the pc and lose frags. Every programmer can get a decent job and I am sure in the US, too. I wish you luck Jerry.

Anyway I like coke, too.

bernie
www.bkgames.com
Thank you for your thoughts. Good luck in your programming

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement