I can't figure out how to set up php.

Started by
7 comments, last by SSJCORY 19 years, 11 months ago
I went to php.net and it says to get apache and all this other stuff can someone plz give me a step by step breakdown of what i need to do. Favorite Quotes:Gandalf: You shall not pass!|Smeagol: We don''t need you!|Sloth: Hey you guys!|
Favorite Quotes:Gandalf: You cannot pass!|Smeagol: We don't need you!|Sloth: Hey you guys!|
Advertisement
1) what OS are you setting this up for?

2) go to apache.org, download the relevant install of the apache web server. (their setup docs are really good so i won''t go into it. however, expect to spend a day on this if you''ve never set up an app like apache before).

3) follow the install docs for php from php.net. they are also really good and after you''ve installed apache what they are talking about will all make sense.

again, expect to spend a day or so on this b/c apache can be a bit daunting if you''ve never dealt with it before and if you''re not used to editing config files rather than having a nice happy GUI to work with.

-me
www.easyphp.org

Or is it .net? Anyhow... problem solved.
Ok i installed easy php. Now what?

Favorite Quotes:Gandalf: You shall not pass!|Smeagol: We don''t need you!|Sloth: Hey you guys!|
Favorite Quotes:Gandalf: You cannot pass!|Smeagol: We don't need you!|Sloth: Hey you guys!|
It''s installed and i can''t figure out how to make a php file. I''m such a noob

Favorite Quotes:Gandalf: You shall not pass!|Smeagol: We don''t need you!|Sloth: Hey you guys!|
I left the apache directory as the default. But what do i do to get it to work. The first sample on php.net doesn''t do anything

Damn it it''s not working. I saved the file in the apache server directory. While running the server. I tried to open that file with IE and it did nothing but give me a blank white page. According to the tutorial it should print hello world.

Allright, calm down.

In the folder you''ve installed EasyPHP, there''s a folder called "www." Create a folder (call it whatever you want, let''s say... "Hello") in the www folder.

Inside this new folder, create a blank text document. Rename it to index.php. Open it in notepad and write the following in it...

echo ''Hello world!'';
?>

The tags mark the beginning and end of PHP code. Echo is your standard output-text function.

Save the file and start up EasyPHP. In the system tray, you should see the EasyPHP icon. Right-click on it and select "Local host" (I''m not sure what the exact name is, mine''s in french for some reason.) Your browser will open up and a page will be loaded. You should see an icon of a folder along with the name of the folder you created somewhere near the top of the screen. Click on it.

That should get you started.
THANKS VERY VERY VERY MUCH I'm SO HAPPY I SPENT ALL DAY TRYING TO GET THAT SHIT TO WORK. AGAIN THANKS THANKS THANKS
Yeah mine is french also thats wierd. I changed the actual program to english though.

Favorite Quotes:Gandalf: You shall not pass!|Smeagol: We don't need you!|Sloth: Hey you guys!|

[edited by - ssjcory on May 6, 2004 11:00:05 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement