• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

McSteel

3d Sound in 2d game

This topic is 5134 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello. I am traying to get some 3d sound with direct music working with a top down 2d game. Right now I have 2 sounds playing at points on th screen. A mouse pointer that is the listener that you can move around the sounds. The mouse pointer is facing up the screen and the 3d sound works if I set the Listener Orientation to Front(0,-1,0) and the Top to (0,-1,0) Sounds North of the mouse play from in front. Sounds South of the Mouse play from behind. Sounds East of the mouse play from the right. Sounds West of the mouse play from the left. Now I want to be able to stand next to a sound on my left hear it from the left. Rotate on the spot 180deg and now hear it from the right. I can''t get this to work. I know the mouses X,Y and all so how much they have rotated. 0-360deg. Any Help would be great.

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!