Error on Adapter

Started by
3 comments, last by charmedcharmer 19 years, 11 months ago
the problem is with DX tutorials (C++), everytime you run the program, it doesnt go smooth when you try to minimize or Alt+Tab.. the computer slows down and receives an error about the device adapter.. I think the device should stop rendering while the window is minimized or not in focus.. ryt? i have DX9 installed and runnig DX8 tutorials.. how can i solve this problem? thanks for the help [edited by - Superpig on May 7, 2004 9:07:34 AM]
Above them all is Truth and Truth must be set free. If the wings of Truth are unclipped, the voices will fall silent
Advertisement
Do you have the most recent drivers for your videocard installed?

-JJ

-----------------------------
Jan-Jaap Severs
Programming / Design
Grendel Games

[ Grendel Games ]
----------------------------- Jan-Jaap Severs Grendel Games[ Grendel Games ]
You should use the WM_SETFOCUS and WM_KILLFOCUS messages to determine when your app is in or out of focus. As for the error, that''s because the device is getting "lost". Read the SDK docs on lost devices for more info.

"Sneftel is correct, if rather vulgar." --Flarelocke
You could create a new application with the DirectX AppWizard to see how it implements the WM_ messages Sneftel mentions.

-JJ

-----------------------------
Jan-Jaap Severs
Programming / Design
Grendel Games

[ Grendel Games ]
----------------------------- Jan-Jaap Severs Grendel Games[ Grendel Games ]
thanks... I think Im gonna dfo that appwizard thing.. and see how it works...

as for the drivers, can it be possible that its because of the video card driver? my card is NVDIA GeForce2 MX 200 with neForce Drivers installed....

or its plain and simple code... becuase even the Documentation tutorials gets the error... thanks

Above them all is Truth and Truth must be set free. If the wings of Truth are unclipped, the voices will fall silent

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement