• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

skatermike7

Microsoft Visual C++ and class redefination

This topic is 5131 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am compiling with microsoft Visual c++ 6.0 and trying to use classes. I went through all the hoops creating the classes throught the "new class" feature and have included both .cpp and .h in my project. When i try to compile i come up with these linking errors. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. myAttemp.obj : error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall LoadBitmapA::LoadBitmapA(void)" (??0LoadBitmapA@@QAE@XZ) already defined in LoadBitmap.obj myAttemp.obj : error LNK2005: "public: virtual __thiscall LoadBitmapA::~LoadBitmapA(void)" (??1LoadBitmapA@@UAE@XZ) already defined in LoadBitmap.obj myAttemp.obj : error LNK2005: "public: long __thiscall LoadBitmapA::LoadFromBitmap(char *)" (?LoadFromBitmap@LoadBitmapA@@QAEJPAD@Z) already defined in LoadBitmap.obj Debug/Zelda.exe : fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found //.h file class LoadBitmap { protected: unsigned long width; unsigned long height; unsigned long * imageBuffer; public: LoadBitmap(); virtual ~LoadBitmap(); LoadBitmap & operator = (LoadBitmap & inputImage); HRESULT LoadFromBitmap(LPSTR fileName); void SetColorKey(char red,char green, char blue); void SetWidth(unsigned long width); void SetHeight(unsigned long height); void SetColor(unsigned long iX,unsigned long iY,unsigned char iRed, unsigned char iGreen, unsigned char iBlue,unsigned iAlpha); void SetImageBuffer(unsigned long * image); unsigned long GetWidth(void); unsigned long GetHeight(void); unsigned long GetColor(unsigned long iX,unsigned long iY); unsigned long * GetImageBuffer(void); }; //.cpp file LoadBitmap::LoadBitmap() { width = 0; height = 0; imageBuffer = NULL; } LoadBitmap::~LoadBitmap() { width = 0; height = 0; if(NULL != imageBuffer) { delete [] imageBuffer; imageBuffer = NULL; } } /*LoadBitmap & LoadBitmap::operator = (LoadBitmap & image) { width = image.GetWidth(); height = image.GetHeight(); SetImageBuffer(image.GetImageBuffer()); return * this; }*/ HRESULT LoadBitmap::LoadFromBitmap(LPSTR filename) { this code was taken out because it was too long and it was a redefiniton linking error anyway }

Advertisement
Try to put a file guard in your .h file...

#ifndef MY_CLASS_NAME // this at top. MY_CLASS_NAME can be whatever you like

#define MY_CLASS_NAME

data...
data...
data...

#endif // this at the very end of the file

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!