• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daddy-O

3D Mesh from image??

This topic is 5131 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''ve got this project at work where I have to create a program which takes an outline of the top of a building, and will create a 3D perspective of it. The image is just black lines on a white background. So I suppose... what i need to do is be able to somehow deetermine where the corners, intersections and lines are on the image, then extract verticies from that data. I''ve thought about this for a little while, and thought of a few things but nothing I''m ready to go ahead with. Does anyone have any experience doing this and can recommend a general approach?? Thanx in advance for any help!

Advertisement
I dont have any experience, but maybe i could throw a few things into the pan. IMO a few things u''d need to know, how far away formt he building u are, choose a vertex for this, and what angle u are looking at the building from. This way u cna roughly work out whether walls are coming or going.

regards,

ace

One approach is using the Hough transform to detect the lines in the image. Add some triangulation and you should be set to go.

A search on Google on "buildings aerial images" should yield some other interesting approaches.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!