DirectX/C# Distribution

Started by
3 comments, last by rajivtm 19 years, 11 months ago
I am programming a game with C# and DirectX and am having trouble getting it to run on other computers. It seems to work fine on comptuers with the DirectX SDK installed, but it will not start up on any other computers. As far as I know, I only need to make sure the computer is running a Windows OS 98 or above, it has DirectX 9.0b, and it has the newest .NET framework. Even with those installed, it still does not work. Does anyone know what I am missing? Thanks for any help you can provide.
Advertisement
From the Managed DirectX help:

DirectX Redistribution
Stand-alone developer runtime installers install only the DirectX developer and debug runtime for redistribution purposes. These installers are located at DX90SDK\Developer Runtime\Managed DirectX.

DirectX 9.0 for Managed Code includes a full set of DLLs for redistribution. To install the full set, perform the following steps.

1) Verify that the Framework is installed.
2) Navigate to DX90SDK\Redist\DirectX9\.
3) Call DXSetup.exe with the /InstallManagedDX command line attribute, as follows.
DXSetup.exe /InstallManagedDX

Not sure if this is what you want, but it seems relevant.

wowo
Thanks for the response!!

I installed the managed directx, but what did that do for me? (sorry, I''m new to this)
For some reason the install of DX9 doesn''t include the Managed Extensions. So clients need to install the .NET Framework, DirectX 9, and Managed DirectX 9 extensions.

Epolevne
So what do I do with managed directx to allow any Windows machine to be able to play my game?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement