• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coluna

AABB - Ray colision

This topic is 5130 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi; Im implementing an AABB - ray collision, to test if i need zFail algorithm, in SSV. But i think its wrong, because there is some points where u can tell that there is a collision, but the test fails....does anybody knows a link to an algorithm like that? witch is the best aproach (im doing a tri-ray test for each of the 12 triangles)?

Advertisement
There are better methods than intersecting with each of the 12 tris. The fastest that I know of is the separating axis test. I think there are also some other methods that deal with the 6 planes of the box. I think one of these algorithms is discussed in one of the graphics gems books.

My ray/AABB code uses the separating axis test, but I''m too lazy to go dig it up right now. Let us know if you can''t find any references, though, and I''m sure one of us can give you some more detailed help.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!