• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm Looking For A Tutorial...

This topic is 5041 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ive looked throught the tutorials on here and strangley can''t seem to find what im after. I''m looking a for a tutorial that emphasizes the main techniques for apply OOP in C++ to the standard Finite State Machine layout. I can''t for the life of me figure out in my head how to apply inheritance, polymorphism and the other main techniques. I was told that the that Microsoft have layed out their SDK frame work was bad, so i''m now looking for an alternative. Can anyone please help. thanx ace

Advertisement
Just keep coding and looking at other people''s code and you''ll eventually get it. Don''t stress over it; it''s supposed to be fun, after all

So you are trying to apply all things at once and you are unable to do it properly? Perhaps time for pen and paper, or using less features at once.

I think he is just wanting to (re)learn how to do things like inheritance and polymorphism...

Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
Original post by ace_lovegrove
Ive looked throught the tutorials on here and strangley can''t seem to find what im after. I''m looking a for a tutorial that emphasizes the main techniques for apply OOP in C++ to the standard Finite State Machine layout. I can''t for the life of me figure out in my head how to apply inheritance, polymorphism and the other main techniques. I was told that the that Microsoft have layed out their SDK frame work was bad, so i''m now looking for an alternative.

Can anyone please help.

thanx

ace

A FSM is just a graph and a transition function. You don''t need much that OOP offers.

This is true,i''m aware of how FSMs work and C++ but cant for the life of me make the link between the two. Ive begun to realise that maybe C++ isnt needed as much as i thought. After all the Quake 2 engine was written in C. Are there any basic implementations of C++ in FSMs that anyone can point out please?

regards, ace

I''ve studied FSM. I''ve used them in the past to help me code in non-OOP languages. And since starting to use C++, I''ll never go back again to procedural programming.

Give C++ a second try. Buy books like "The Object-Oriented Thought Process" and you won''t regret your move.

• Advertisement