• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mandrav

Code::Blocks IDE

This topic is 5218 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello everyone! Code::Blocks site is finally launched! Code::Blocks is an open-source cross-platform IDE for Multiple Compilers (tm). It''s fully extendable and configurable. I started the project because I couldn''t find what I needed in other IDEs (free or not) and it has grown up to a full-blown IDE. Well, there is no reason to post here more. Head on over to the site and read about it! You could use Code::Blocks to make your Next Big Game (tm) with it Impatiently waiting for your comments... Code::Blocks IDE

Advertisement
Great, I'm checking it right now. Some comments:
* The website doesn't have any screenshots or dedicated "features" page (only the main page)
* Where are the other non-Win32 versions? (not done yet? Though you're using wxWidgets it seems, so porting should be easy)
* The link to the installation documentation gives a 404 (not found) error. (edit: The link offered in the download->details page, not from the "handbook" link)

Muhammad Haggag,
Optimize
Bitwise account: MHaggag -

[edited by - Coder on May 8, 2004 5:04:46 AM]

quote:
Original post by Coder
Great, I''m checking it right now. Some comments:
* The website doesn''t have any screenshots or dedicated "features" page (only the main page)

Yeah, not yet :/ . There is not much of a content yet. I just kept delaying launching the site, so I thought it''s best that it launched and add content on the way - maybe with the help of others
quote:
Original post by Coder
* Where are the other non-Win32 versions? (not done yet? Though you''re using wxWidgets it seems, so porting should be easy)

You ''re right, I didn''t mention anything about it. The Linux version works the same way (since the app is built with wxWidgets) but has a problem with the launching of processes. This means, it cannot compile :/ . I have to resolve it first before posting a download link. Of course, after the source is released, someone else might find the solution to the problem
quote:
Original post by Coder
* The link to the installation documentation gives a 404 (not found) error. (edit: The link offered in the download->details page, not from the "handbook" link)

Thanks a lot. Fixed it!

Thanks again for the comments,
Yiannis

Alright, I''ve checked the thing...I loved it. I think it''s got loads of potential. Congratulations on doing this alone
When is the source is going to be out? I''ve been wanting to participate in some open-source IDE for some time, and this seems to be the one.

Please create a mailing list. I''ve got a crash, and will start submitting bug reports, and perhaps even discussing features soon. Also, I might start with writing a Visual C++ Toolkit 2003 plugin.

If you don''t have CVS on the server, consider hosting on sourceforge.net.

Eagerly awaiting your reply.

Muhammad Haggag,
Optimize
Bitwise account: MHaggag -

Thanks Muhammad!

You can use the forums for any problems you might have.

I ''ve got CVS on the server (not anonymous though) but, as I posted in the initial post at the site, I ''m going for a sourceforge account. The server runs on my home DSL and I don''t think it will be adequate for the intended traffic
So be patient for a few days until a sourceforge account opens...

Cheers,
Yiannis

PS: About the Visual C++ Toolkit 2003 plugin, be my guest if you want to create one. I have to tell you though that the current compiler plugin handles it just fine!

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!