• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spencer

.md2 and backface culling

This topic is 5213 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, this question actually brought me out of bed at 5:30 am on this saturday..so it better be good Well, i am using .md2 models in my game engine and it seems to me at first glance that, if i want to do backface culling of the triangles, I have to choose between using the optimized triangle strip sequence defined in the opengl part of the files OR rendering each triangle in a simple GL_TRIANGLES like fashion....this is pretty much a Yes/No question, i mean, if there is a way to solve it i hope i could find it, i just want to know if it worth the trouble so to say Thanks for now, i am off back to bed.. --Spencer "All in accordance with the profecy..."

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!