• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

no one

whats your opinion?

This topic is 5216 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Im designing my game''s engine right now. I want to stick to a certain method for all systems and interfaces. However, im worried that my method may not be the most pratical. Heres the basic idea: Basically, I will have a interface for each group of systems (ie. visual, physical, etc). This interfaces will pretty much just have a list of pointers to each class within there group. Now, ultimately, the entity class will have a pointer to each one of these systems and each sub class of the entity can access these interfaces and use whatever class they need from the interfaces. The only problem I can see with this method is memory usages, however, unless you create a new instance of every pointer, it will not really take up to much extra memory. So, what are your opinions on this issue? Is this a practicle method, hell, isn''t it really a common method used? Thanks.

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!