• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jitspoe

DirectX insanely slow on 2nd monitor

This topic is 5302 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m not sure if this is a driver bug or what (Radeon9700pro w/cat4.4''s), but if I don''t explicitly state that I''m using my secondary display adaptor in CreateDevice, DirectX runs at like 5fps while on my second monitor (or visa versa -- if I state I''m using the 2nd device and put the window on primary). If the application spans both monitors, it just runs at 5fps regardless of what adaptor I tell it to use. OpenGL apps don''t have this problem -- I can stretch apps across both monitors, and they run fine. Is there any way you can have a DirectX app run across two monitors? I don''t actually need it -- just curious.

Advertisement
I''ve seen this before, but never found the cause. It happened on other video cards, so isn''t a driver problem.

Don''t create a second device--just make an additional swap chain. That should help with your problem.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!