Writing our own book ?

Started by
10 comments, last by Leoric 19 years, 11 months ago
Hey guys, why don't we start writing our own book ? If several people contribute articles, we could get a nice amount of pages together. The book could cover many topics, just like "Game Programming Gems" or whatever. Perhaps it could get published if it's good enough - and I'm sure it would be. Imagine the ideas and the know-how that's lying fallow here ?! Whaddaya all think ? Bye, Leoric [edited by - Leoric on May 8, 2004 2:53:51 PM]
Advertisement
Well this could be a good idea to get more money into the coffers of gamedev...
Actual Linux penguins were harmed in the making of this message.
Some of the people here have all ready written article(s) in the book you mention
Write the book for who? For ourselves? If GameDev receives the money for articles.. then who will stay?

--
You''re Welcome,
Rick Wong
- sitting in his chair doing the most time-consuming thing..
@Pipo: I didn''t really get it. What do you mean ?

Leoric
GDNet is like a book itself, only free.

If all those articles were put on the site, it would help GDNet more than in a book.

--
You're Welcome,
Rick Wong

[edited by - Pipo DeClown on May 8, 2004 6:07:52 PM]
Yeah, now I got it. It''s just that many GameDev newbies really have to search heavily for the information they need. I experienced it myself. There''s a lot of stuff here at GDNet but finding exactly what you need is still hard.

It''s ok. The enthusiasm about it is VERY limited anyway.

Bye,
Leoric

quote:Original post by Leoric
There''s a lot of stuff here at GDNet but finding exactly what you need is still hard.

we could write a book called RTFM & Google for Dummies
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])
I think they already have a flow of money with ads and some through book store links. An idea of alternative to online book like "wikki" was being considered.
3D Side-Scroller game demo Project-X2 "playable"Lashkar: A 3D Game & Simulation Project demo @ lashkar.berlios.de
I think the Articles & Resources section should be promoted, and maybe reorganized. So it''s newb friendly

--
You''re Welcome,
Rick Wong

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement