• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

joeyg2477

Need some advice!!!

This topic is 5301 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello all, i''m currently a computer science major and am finishing my freshman year. My goal is to be as close to an expert in c++ as i can be. This summer i am planing on learning under the guidance of lamothe by studying Tricks religously. I am wanting to also add on to what I have learned so far about c++ and programming in general over the summer too. So far in school we got to linked list and pointers. The advice I need is at this point what should I learn next or what would be some good books to get to help me move even further in c++. thanx to all that reply

Advertisement
i suggest picking up bjarne''s book , C++ The Programming Language besides C++ For Game Programmers .
that''s for C++ , for Game Programming , if your beginner , get Tricks Volume I , if not get Gems Series .

Ahmed Saleh.

That is actually a book i was thinking about getting....only reason why i haven''t is because i thought it might be to advance for me right now....but maybe not

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!