• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DirectXFreak

Terrain Texturing

This topic is 5214 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I''m currently working on a terrain engine which uses one large (1024x1024, one pixel per meter) texture. I''m also trying to get a detail texture to go over it, the problem is: I''m trying to do a single pass multitexture that blends the detail texture and the main texure together, but the detail texture ends up stretching across the whole terrain too! I''m guessing that multipass multitexturing with different u-v values so that loops. Is this an adequate solution? What should I do? Thanks

Advertisement
thats pretty much the only solution. you could of course use vertex or fragment programs and create the texture coords by multiplying the coord you have with how often you want it tiled (though sometimes it feels like like repeating texcoords instead of having them from 0-10 is somehow faster)

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!