• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkEvilOne

Rendering Particles in Cinema4D CE 6

This topic is 5128 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I got this program on a cover disk and decided to have a go at rendering an animation to use as an intro for a game. Basically i created a 2D plane and loaded a bitmap onto it to use as a background. Then i have a sort of egg shape which falls down from the top of the background and explodes. I use an explosion deformer to explode the egg shape and then 3 particle generators go off to create a fire effect. When i try to render this the particles never appear. They appear in the editor when i play the animation and it looks fine but when i render it (unless i choose the render mode "As Editor") the particles never appear. The As Editor render mode would be fine but it has grid lines and axis arrows over it which could be a pain in the ass to remove (for me anyway im a programmer not an artist!). Please help me!

Advertisement
Yay! Cinema 4d rocks. I was just an AI for a class that teaches Cinema 4d, its a great programmer for a "one man" team.

Any how... The reason you aren''t seeing anything when you render is because you aren''t actually "emitting" anything. An emitter "emits" whatever is placed as a child within its hierarchy. So, place an small object, such as a sphere, into the emitters heirarchy, and then within the attributes manager of the emitter, click "show objects". That should let you see the objects in the emitter instead of simple representative dashes.

If you are making fire... you''ll find an emitter won''t provice the best results unless you are using pyrocluster. Without pyrocluster, your best bet us using a "light". If you make a light with the visibility property set to "visible" and the noise property set to "visible", then under the visibility tab set an inner color of a yellow-orange and an outer color of a orangy-red, and under the noise tab set the turbulence to "wavy", and make it a high contrast and a low brightness. Play with this and animated the size of the "vireball" and you might get a pleasing result.

Good luck!!

Thanks so much for your help!

I was applying a texture to the particle emitters and it seemed to be working in the editor so i was confused why it wouldnt work when i rendered it. It''s 2am so i''m about to go to bed but i''ll have a play tommorrow and get my animation finished and rendered.

Thanks again!

Yeah, Pyrocluster works that way, but not regular emitters. You probably WON''T be pleased with the results.

I''ve seen something successful done with it before... if you use a LOT of spheres and use a shader for both an alpha and a texture on the spheres... and have them spin as they leave the eimitter... you can sometimes create a decent illusion of smoke or fire.

But again... best bet is to use a light.

I tried what you said to do with a light but it didn''t look very good with the objects i already had in the scene. I made them all invisible and rendered it and it looks pretty nice

I also fixed the particle emitters to see what that would look like and at first it was extremely ugly cause the spheres it was emitting were enlarging over time but then i changed the settings and i got a similar effect to what i had before but not as good.

Because of the game i''m doing this for and the "style" of the game i''m going to stick to the particle emitters and just play with them a bit to get an effect i like. Thanks again

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!