• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Great programming language, and program!

This topic is 5122 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m going places to places telling people all about the great program named "BYOND". It''s an acronym that stands for "Build Your Own Net Dream". The creators Dan (haven''t figured out his last name) and Thomas S Hehre spent long years creating this program. It''s a simple program called "Dream Maker", where you program it''s simple laungage! The syntax are simaler to VB, and JavaScript, and it comes with built-in functions. For example: On the right of the player''s screen, there''s a chat log. Under the player''s screen, there''s a command (for those who dislike HUDs). Dream Maker also comes with "Dream Seeker", where you get to RUN your Dream Maker program and it gets hosted upon BYOND.com, where everyone can see and play! The best thing about BYOND, is that it''s totally FREE!. You people should come check out BYOND, and see all the incredible games that have been programmed! (Some Goodies: ) Let''s say i wanted to tell the entire world "Hello", i''d simply do this: world<<"Hello" -- Then "Hello" would appear on the right of my screen, on the chat bar! Also, you have built in moving functions. Just set the image to the mob the mob to the client and you already have something that can be fun =) BYOND Come try it out, and don''t forget to mension "Crashed". My BYOND related website -John (Crashed) Souto-

Advertisement
Please post all questions, comments, and information you have about BYOND! Also, i''d appreciate it if you''d post here that you''re going to start joining BYOND, this way i know that BYOND will be getting more players.

-John (Crashed) Souto-

Guest Anonymous Poster
I am also a frequent and experianced user of this system, and my own view is that it''s a brillent, encapsulated community of eager individuals making their own online-game. There are annoying people who like to ''rip'' other people''s code etc, but on the whole it''s a rare community to come accross.

- AZA - Virtual Games Inc.

Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
Original post by DarkZoulz
With ease of use comes less control and restrictions.

The system itself is very unique, it can be shaped and designed to fit your needs, controlling and restricting is easy.

- AZA - Virtual Games Inc.

Guest Anonymous Poster
''cos i''m too lazy to register, where is the button, by the way?

O please, what are you trying to accomplish, I hope you don''t think that you can switch DX/OGL/SDL users to switch over to byond...
quote:
The system itself is very unique, it can be shaped and designed to fit your needs, controlling and restricting is easy.

Oh REALLY?? well can it suit my needs? so how about if I wanted to make a 3D game, byond is a 2d game thingy, I don''t even know what byond is and don''t want to >:l

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!