• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help with Devcpp compiler

This topic is 5039 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I tried using the compiler to run simple programs, and I did compile the code and check for errors, but it won''t run the program. There is no error message, but a window opens and closes really fast. Does anyone know enough about this compiler to help? Thanks in advance, and Try to AIM me at z666vicious666z because I can''t check these boards too regularly.

Advertisement
Search: ''console close''.

Found: http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=204468

Comment: You''ll have to come back to these forums, if you want to read the answers. We''re not your average teachers, we''re just so nice that we help. (Pay me and I''ll IM you )

--
You''re Welcome,
Rick Wong

- sitting in his chair doing the most time-consuming thing..

There is nothing wrong; neither with the compiler nor with the development environment.
I guess you''re trying to compile a console application, right? If so, try to add the line

system("PAUSE");

just before the ''return 0''-line at the end of your main function. If that doesn''t help, then let your program do anything (like a big loop or something else that eats time); because that''s the reason why the window closes really quick: the programm finishes almost instantly.

Hahaha I understand Pipo...hehehe just a bit lazy I guess, but I''ll try to check as often as I can. And thanks for the help...other guy whos name I just forgot...hehehehe sorry. Anyway, I''ll try those things out! Thanks again!

Hahaha I understand Pipo...hehehe just a bit lazy I guess, but I''ll try to check as often as I can. And thanks for the help...other guy whos name I just forgot...hehehehe sorry. Anyway, I''ll try those things out! Thanks again!

If you can find me, you will recieve $1,000,000,000 in cash!!

quote:
Original post by DudeManGuy If you can find me, you will recieve $1,000,000,000 in cash!!

Let''s see.. You''re in the USA!! You''re AIM is z666vicious666z!!

--
You''re Welcome,
Rick Wong

- sitting in his chair doing the most time-consuming thing..

Heheh i mean like find me, as in come to my house and knock on the door!

If you can find me, you will recieve $1,000,000,000 in cash!!

• Advertisement