• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sgt-Hall

help!!!!!!!!!!

This topic is 5279 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi i am trying to start off with the hello world programme but dont know where i should type the programme do i need a application and if so what and where do i get it thx

Advertisement
You can type your program into any plain text editor. On Windows, Notepad will do. On Linux, Emacs is ideal. I don''t know about Mac.

You then need a compiler to translate your program into executable code. Since you havn''t said what language you are using, I can''t help much there.

Any half decent book or web tutorial will explain this part in quite some detail.

thx im on windows and it is c text to start then moving on to c++ .
so i put text on note pad then where do i get compiler from plz thk u thk u

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=272BE09D-40BB-49FD-9CB0-4BFA122FA91B&displaylang=en

quote:
Original post by Drakkcon
You''re going to have to learn to use periods if you program with C though.

And not to rely on those lame shorthands like "u" and "thx"

If you have MSVC, just create a new console app. In the file menu, create a new project (File -> New) and select Win32 Console Application. Give it a name (in the project name field) and click ok. Then select "An empty project." That should get you started.

quote:

You''re going to have to learn to use periods if you program with C though.

...C programmers don''t use periods;

Any programmer.c knows that the proper language.syntax combines both periods and semicolons as appropriate; For instance, accessing data from within a structure is done using a period; Termination of lines is done using a semicolon;

Life would be so much easier if we could just get the source code.

[edited by - Venerable Vampire on May 9, 2004 7:24:58 PM]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!