• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

replacing display list information

This topic is 5036 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hello folks, im currently working through the opengl game programming book and have got to the air hockey example, very good i might add. i use deep exploration to convert my 3ds max models into display lists and am having trouble making the air hockey code accept the new vector coords etc etc Does any one have any idea on how to do it? or has anyone been able to put their own models into the code? Cheers Russ

Advertisement
I''ve never read the book but you use a display list to draw the object. You can translate, rotate, etc before you call the list to draw.

yeah, ive used display lists before, but now im trying to do it using an OO approach and i dont know how to implement the deep exploration display list (which i use to change my max models).

unfortunately it builds a text app, even if you choose just a display list and this is causing me problems, im just hunting for a way to include the entire display list file in a class so i can instance it in my doRender class.

You can''t modify a display list information.
Instead, use vertex arrays.

• Advertisement