• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SSJCORY

Gimme some cool web programming tricks.

This topic is 5275 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Well i''m sorta new to web programming and i was wondering if anyone could give me a few tips on spicing up my webpages? So far they look pretty dull.
Favorite Quotes:Gandalf: You shall not pass!|Smeagol: We don''t need you!|Sloth: Hey you guys!|

Advertisement
That is a great mario design for a site.

Favorite Quotes:Gandalf: You shall not pass!|Smeagol: We don''t need you!|Sloth: Hey you guys!|

Add eye candy that is enjoyable, but doesn''t take too much space or download time.

For each page, include links to pages that have a relationship with it, as well as a way to return to the homepage.

For each page, create an icon that is displayed on both links, and on the given page.

As a rule of thumb, make site navigability your first concern.

Don''t make spelling errors / grammar errors.

Make a consistent color scheme (not like your signature ) and stick to it on all pages.

Someone''s impression of a site depends at first on the graphics on the site, but after a few minutes, site navigability takes over.

Victor Nicollet, INT13 game programmer

Victor my friend long time no see. How''s things going with your cellphone development?

This site would be a bad example because too much graphics right? WarriorNation

<meta http-equiv="Page-Enter"
content="revealTrans(Duration=3.0,Transition=23)">

and colour your scrollbars..
These tricks work with MSIE only.

--
You''re Welcome,
Rick Wong

- sitting in his chair doing the most time-consuming thing..

What does that do pipo? I dun see any difference loadin my page with it.

If you wanna add a little 16*16 pixil image to the address bar or favourites list (like GDNet does), add the following inside your <head> and </head> tags:

<link rel="icon" href="/favicon.ico" type="image/ico">
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico">

You can replace the href with the path to your image. I think it does have to be a ''.ico'' file though.

Thanks botman i''ll try that in a bit.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!