• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Editors

This topic is 5125 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

What reccomendations do you have for developing editors, im looking to learning MFC or somthing, I dont want somthing difficult to learn to develop tools and editors for my games, but can anybody give me some advioce as to what they use?

Advertisement
Here''s my opinion: If you can spend the time to learn MFC, why not spend the time instead by learning the Win32 API? If you learn to work with the Win32 API you''ll be better prepared to work with portable GUI toolkits like wxWidgets than if you were to use MFC.

quote:
Original post by Shriek
Here''s my opinion: If you can spend the time to learn MFC, why not spend the time instead by learning the Win32 API? If you learn to work with the Win32 API you''ll be better prepared to work with portable GUI toolkits like wxWidgets than if you were to use MFC.

Since the Win32 API is a jumbled mass and MFC (as well as ATL/WTL) is a poor attempt to bring order to it, spending your time learning something based on the Win32 API would be a waste unless it is imperative that you work with it.

As mentioned already, Windows Forms is a much better choice.

Thanks Salsa!Colin Jeanne | Invader''s Realm
"I forgot I had the Scroll Lock key until a few weeks ago when some asshole program used it. It even used it right" - Conner McCloud

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!