Problems with release build

Started by
3 comments, last by grahamfr0 19 years, 11 months ago
I''m having some trouble with my release build using MSVC++6. Running the debug build of my game works fine, but when I rebuild the project using the release build I get some pretty strange behavior. The lists of game objects do not all animate and move. I used the std::list from MSVC++6 to hold my game objects, but now random objects do nothing, while the rest of the objects behave normally. Can someone give me some suggestions as to what may be going on here? I don''t even know where to begin to look for such problems.
______________________________________________________________ "We shouldn't punish Victor for bringing Sparky back to life."
Advertisement
sorry to say I can''t help, I''m doing a build in VS 7 (.net) and have simular problems..
my mouse cursor is not visible and some other crap... if you should come up with the course of the problem pleas post it.

I will post if I can find a soulution

"All it takes is for the rendered image to look right" -Jim Blinn
"Who ever put in this magic number should die, in the face" - found documented in the code of TGE
Do you have the lastest service packs? Since you can''t use the debugger, make a log file, and add log entries in functions you think may be malfunctioning.
the typical problem thats hurt release builds:

debug initializes all your variables for you. release does not. this means that your objects may start out with wierd states if you''re not explicitly initializing all of your variables to the proper default values in the object constructors.

-me
That was it! Thanks Palidine.
______________________________________________________________ "We shouldn't punish Victor for bringing Sparky back to life."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement