[java] Applets wont appear on my PC

Started by
6 comments, last by Burty 19 years, 11 months ago
I go to a JSP page that has an applet embedded in it. On some systems you can see the applet but on others there is just a big blank space. Is this a problem with the applet itself or something got to do with the particular systems?? Thanks B
Advertisement
Could depend on if you are using Java2 or not. If so: you you have to use the HTML converter (comes with the SDK) on the html page with the embedded applet to get it to work properly. If not, problems could arise.
^^ was also me above. Do the comps have a proper JRE installed aswell?
What do you mean by use the HTML converter....
You think if the applet was made using Java2 then some computers will not be compatable with it?

Also i will check out the JRE versions.

B

[edited by - Woody FX on May 10, 2004 5:12:17 PM]
1) Can a firewall cause this?

2) Is it IE settings?

3) IS it a version of the JRE

I mean with java2 you cannot simply just embed an HTML page with the <applet tag>. In order for it to work correctly make your webpage with just the <applet> tag then run the HTMLconverter file in the bin directory of your JDK on the html file. It should then work for browsers (and if the correct JRE isnt installed, it will ask the user to download it).

...also lol Is it your own applet or someome elses?
quote:Original post by Burty
What do you mean by use the HTML converter....
You think if the applet was made using Java2 then some computers will not be compatable with it?
Also i will check out the JRE versions.

Many Windows users, who are stuck in their IE world, are unknowingly using the Microsoft JVM (which only supports Java 1.1)/ These poor souls need to install a JRE that supports a version equal to or greater than the version used to code the applet. The JDK comes with a command line utitlity which will convert your base HTML applet file to a nice page that will automatically prompt the user to install the 'Java Plugin' if they don't have the proper version already.

[edited by - aldacron on May 12, 2004 12:31:23 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement