• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

granat

Does anyone know anything about Citrix ?

This topic is 5125 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Is it possible to detect a keypress in a seamless window even though a local program currently has focus? It''s my understanding that local and seamless is almost like two separate machines.

Advertisement

If I understand you correctly, you want to know if you can detect keypresses inside the seamless window from the client?

You''re right, a seamless window is just the application running on the server. You''re only dealing with the the screen output and keyboard-mouse input.

There should be no server-driven key/mouse events in a normal application, so in most cases if your Seamless application does not have focus, there will most likely not be any key-mouse activity being sent to MetaFrame server hosted application.

Now, the one case where this might not be true is if you''re shadowing a user (watching or working in another user''s session).

Maybe if you give me more details of what you''re trying to accomplish, I could provide more information.

Int

quote:
Original post by Interim
Maybe if you give me more details of what you're trying to accomplish, I could provide more information.

Well, there is not much more to say really. It's a program which reacts to a certain key being pressed even if the program is minimized to the traybar. The program is running as seamless.

This works great until users start running local (non seamless) programs. When the user has a local program active then the seamless window/program does not react to keypresses anymore.

EDIT: Unless the user switches focus back to some Seamless window.

[edited by - granat on May 11, 2004 1:59:45 AM]

I can think of two solutions:

1) On the local client machine running the seamless window, set focus to the window before entering key strokes. This might be disruptive. If you have low level control of the program, you could insert the keystrokes into the input queue for that window directly and probably avoid setting focus.

2) There may be something in the Client SDK to allow you to input data into the client''s input queue. I really haven''t used the Client SDK. But it''s a free download from www.citrix.com (as well as the MFCOM, Server SDK).

While the seamless session is running on the remote MetaFrame server, the input is taken from the local client. Winbatch, WSH Sendkeys, and other similar programs will still work by placing keystrokes into the seamless session queue, which is then transfered to the server.

So, what I''m really saying in a long, windy way, is if you can send keystrokes to a non-Citrix-seamless application when it doesn''t have focus, you should be able to do the same with the Citrix Seamless app. =)

Int

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!