• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

osc4r

Copy & Paste form

This topic is 5300 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Can anyone tell me if there is any function in windows api that allows me to call that window with a boring animation that appears whenever you copy a file from one place to another? Or where I can get that form/animation to include in my project.

Advertisement
I have come across a piece of code made in delphi that explains how to use the windows API to call that dialog to copy, move, rename or delete files.

Yet I wanted to be able to call it even when I don''t want to do any of those things. Any ideas?

I also came across that same function (in a different place though) but the problem is what the big boss is looking for is a form he can call whenever he wants to, not just to copy, delete, move or rename files.

Ain''t there any other way of calling that dialog without wanting to copy, delete, move or rename files?

Let''s suppose I wanted to do some change in a DB with 1000 users, which would take a while, and show a form with the same animation as the one shown when you copy a file. Can I do it just by using some windows API or do I have to do it manually (get the animation and just make a form with that animation on it).

I see. Well, maybe there are some API-calls to handle that dialog. Anyway, I''d avoid it, since that particular dialog is designed for, and associated with, file-operations. If I were you I''d design a new animation. Or why not just change the cursor to that ''busy''-curosr? I''d just be frustrated if I had to do several small database-operations and that dialog kept popping up, disappearing, popping up, disappearing...

thx for answering. And I have to agree with you, but I''m just an employee and the boss is the boss...

Eitherway, after like 4 hours trying to find a way around that problem (using the windows api to call that form wihtout wanting to copy, delete, move or rename files) the boss decided he just wanted the animation after all.

Took me about 30 second to find it after he said that...
Thank god I ain''t gonna be here for more than 2 months

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!