• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexDump

how to boost rendering... (rendering techniques needed)

This topic is 5128 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I need some tutorials about rendering techniques to make my frame rate better. For now, I do a Object->Render() call for all objects in scene with no render state caching, texture sorting, etc..., and this kills the framerate. Could anybody point me to any tutorial, paper, etc... to learn how to do this things and write a renderer layer on directx?. Thanks in advance, HexDump.

Advertisement
see the optimize DX paper of ati.I think they released another new one in the GDC 2004.see both of those papers, I think they are very important,but note that for the first paper, some of the things mentioned are specific to ati DX9 hardware.

Thanks for the answers. A few months ago I come across an starting doc (in some delphi development site) about how to do this things (something not very sophisticated, but a good starting point), has anybody got such a doc? or know another sites with basic stuff? this ATI papers are something... difficult for me.

Thanks in advance,
HexDump.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!