• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

asking about release build

This topic is 5039 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

the make the release build from there project i''m using vc++6 but i don''t know how to make release build i do just the normal build and what is the advantage from the release build ?? bye! ff8

Advertisement
The release build is for releasing (duh!). Debug builds contain a lot of code for debugging reasons only, making the exe a lot bigger and slower. In Debug variables are usually initialized to dummy values (like 0xcdcdcdcd) whereas in Release variables are NOT initialized (unless you provide a constructor which does).
It also requires debug dlls for running, which usually are only installed by development suites.

Release will be fully optimized (whereas debug isn''t), thus a whole lot faster, smaller and less dependant on DLLs.

If you give a game/app to your buddies for testing or to download ALWAYS do with the release. If you need debugging on their machines use Logging or similar mechanisms.

how i can make the release version from my project "i''m use vc++6"
i want the steps

Go to Build... Set Active Configuration... and choose Release. You will have to Project... Settings and set up your lib and include folders.

• Advertisement