GenJam

Started by
1 comment, last by MDI 19 years, 11 months ago
Was GenJam ever made widely available? I did a quick Google search and couldn''t find an executable, only discussion on it and the citeseer paper archive. I think I saw it mentioned that GenJam was only written for use on Apple Macs anyway. I''m thinking of making something similar, although it won''t be as complicated. Has there been much work in this area, i.e. generating musical riffs and licks using genetic algorithms? Can anyone point me to any past examples?
Advertisement
quote:Original post by MDI
Was GenJam ever made widely available? I did a quick Google search and couldn''t find an executable, only discussion on it and the citeseer paper archive. I think I saw it mentioned that GenJam was only written for use on Apple Macs anyway.

I''m thinking of making something similar, although it won''t be as complicated. Has there been much work in this area, i.e. generating musical riffs and licks using genetic algorithms? Can anyone point me to any past examples?

I don''t think I''ve ever heard of the thing....judging from your post it has/had something to do with Genetic Algorithms tied in with music. Interesting approach...seems to me I''ve seen similar things done with screen savers at one point.

Where do you recall hearing about GemJam?

Ferretman

ferretman@gameai.com

From the High Mountains of Colorado

GameAI.Com

Ferretman
ferretman@gameai.com
From the High Mountains of Colorado
GameAI.Com

Here is the citeseer paper. I''ve read it through and also read through some of the papers that are related to it.

This looks like Biles'' homepage.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement