• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Form1 in VC++.NET began taking 20+ mins to load into the designer.

This topic is 5121 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

What in the world would cause my "Form1" (VC.NET) to start taking 20+ minutes to load into the designer? This was an all of the sudden change, it was taking any more than maybe 15 seconds before and now it takes more than 20 minutes! Quite irratating.

Advertisement
This is really wrecking my week. I need to be working on that project but the Form takes so long to load I can't do anything. I went through the InitializeComponent() funcion and didn't see anything funny.

[edited by - crucifixion on May 11, 2004 2:19:36 AM]

Do you have any user defined controls, with paint methods?
the form will paint them with their properties and present them as when the program is running.. might be you have some dodgy code there? (just a thought)

Yes, I have Tao.SimpleOpenGlControl and a stupid slider control I made, but I''ve been using them both for a while and they never did it before.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!