Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CG in 2D ??

This topic is 4962 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi there! After having used CG some ages ago I forgot almost everything about it :-( What I want to do is the simplest thing possible: NOTHING! ;-) What I mean is that I need a vertex-shader-program that just passes the data through. But the difficult part is that I only know how to do that in 3D: // Convert vertex position to float4 float4 v = float4( IN.position.x, IN.position.y, IN.position.z, 1.0f ); // Multiply position with modelview matrix OUT.position = mul( modelViewProj, v ); But this time I''m working on a little 2D game where I want to use CG for some cool effects. So I''m drawing everything as quads with orthographic projection (OpenGL). Like this: glTranslatef( ObjectPosX, ObjectPosY, 0 ); glRotatef( ObjectAngle, 0,0,1 ); DrawQuad(-200,200,-200,200); glRotatef( ObjectAngle, 0,0,1 ); glTranslatef( -ObjectPosX, -ObjectPosY, 0 ); So how do the fragment and vertex structures look like? And how is the position-data translated in the vertex shader? Thanks for you help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

Should be exactly the same in terms of transformations. Remember both a perspective and orthographic projection just alter the projection matrix to perform the projection you want.