portfolio

Started by
30 comments, last by sunandshadow 19 years, 10 months ago
I just finished updating my online portfolio/samples page! Clicky However, I feel like I should work on it some more. Anyone have any suggestions? (No I'm not doing @$^*& thumbnails... Sooo annoying...) edit: spelling [edited by - sunandshadow on May 17, 2004 6:40:19 PM]

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Advertisement
that style of drawing looks familar almost like Baka Neko''s or PolyKarbon. but in any case, they look good! a few things though, the noses (for Isamu) looked "strange" to me, too much definition or something. and is that fallon.gif supposed to look that pixelated? flying nekomimi is sweeeeeeeeet! and could you finish drawing orchid? that looks like a winner also!

that''s all for now.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

I like roosterlizard.jpg
It is BY FAR the best one IMHO.
It almost looks as if another artist drew it ...
CONFESS!!
Writing errors since 10/25/2003 2:25:56 AM
quote:Original post by Alpha_ProgDes
that style of drawing looks familar almost like Baka Neko''s or PolyKarbon. but in any case, they look good! a few things though, the noses (for Isamu) looked "strange" to me, too much definition or something. and is that fallon.gif supposed to look that pixelated? flying nekomimi is sweeeeeeeeet! and could you finish drawing orchid? that looks like a winner also!

that''s all for now.

Thanks! It makes sense that my stylelooks like theirs - I''ve probably studied the same anime artists that they have, and all anime art is supposed to look somewhat similar. Nooo, fallon.gif is not supposed to be poxelated like that, I''ll get that fixed, thanks.

Interesting that you like nekomimi, he''s one of the oldest drawings on there - I was experimenting with inking (which I''ve since given up as unnecessary), and since I didn''t have a light box at that time I tried inking onto tracing paper over top of my original drawing. I personally like his pose a lot, but his anatomy especially of the abdominal muscles is not quite right. I did an acrylic painting with him hatching from an egg, a lot of fun because I used pearl and sparkle acrylic paints to get some neat effects, but unfortunately I''ve never managed to get that photographed and scanned, so I can''t show you, sorry.

Orchid seems to be everybody''s favorite - I''m not sure why. o.O I don''t like it that much because it''s very derivative, almost a copy of a sketch of the character Tomo from the Fushigi Yuugi Artbook, and I''m more proud of the characters that are more my original designs. Also, the more I look at Orchid the more I think the face is out of proportion somehow, probably too wide...

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

quote:Original post by Clueless
I like roosterlizard.jpg
It is BY FAR the best one IMHO.
It almost looks as if another artist drew it ...
CONFESS!!

I definitely drew it myself! lol. I like that one too, but it's ironic that you think it's the best because it's a doodle that I did in a few minutes as part of a whole batch of animal ideas, I spent way less time and effort on it than on some of the other art on my samples page.

Also, I think it's actually quite similar to the style in which the daisy lion and some of the other drawings are done.

edit: spelling

[edited by - sunandshadow on May 18, 2004 9:02:47 PM]

Well, I''m not sure if this is what you''re looking for, but the whole presentation thing is lacking... It wouldn''t be that hard to just add a bkg color and make some 1002 thumbnails with links. Anyways, it would be a little more user-friendly!

But I like the drawings.

Orchid is a little too Egyptian for me. All of your drawings have that same kind of feel, but I like the rest a little better. Actually, I like the male ones the best. Well, I like the animals the best (cloud lion?? )

Love Facepaint...

quote:"Who are you calling a freak, whore?"

"Who are you calling an eel, gay-boy?"

Nakago gave them both the Icy Glare of Death (tm)...

And...
quote:"Well, what happens is, when someone’s heart gets ripped up, they panic and get real tense, wrap armor around the pieces to hold them in what used to be the right shape, but the broken edges rub each other and it just hurts them… but usually, if you can get the person to relax, the pieces will naturally realign themselves in a good way. Sometimes they need a good nudge, but relaxation is the most important thing. And I’m good at getting people to relax." I started to smile again as the innuendo occurred to me, "One might say I have good bedside manner."
...is really pretty damn good advice. Thanks...

But you have the greatest sense of humor, ever...
quote:Mmm, mouth watering, better than any ice cream cone or lollipop… ... God he’s beautiful, and he gasps my name so sexily…
0_o

Remind me to marry you...

George
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
Avatar God - Egytptian, huh? Interesting. Someone else said ''geisha'', which I guess is about the same thing. Me I might call it art noveau, iconic, or heiroglyphic - well I guess that is egyptian, isn''t it? Basically I like my drawings to be slightly simplified, geometricized, symbolic rather than literal and realistic. That''s just the kind of art I like - and if you can see that in my art I guess that''s an indication that I''m succeeding. ^_^

You actually read Facepaint, huh? Cool. That''s the same style I want to write _Learning to Kiss Dragons_ in, only more organized, hopefully - the scene and chapter structure of Facepaint leave much to be desired because I mostly made it it up as I went along. I''ve been trying to get another chapter of it up before I have to go back to school in 3 weeks and I suddenly have no freetime, but I''m tuck on the ending, so it may or may not happen.

Oh, lol, and consider yourself reminded. That would be great - you could be my own personal fan club.

Now you just need to make all your own nuances like the Egyptians (hand, arm, eye, beard, et al placement meaning different things) and you''re set to go.
quote:You actually read Facepaint, huh?
Of course! It does have a very different feel - pseudo-stream-of-consciousness, but on the part of the author... I enjoyed it, anyways.

quote:(No I''m not doing @$^*& thumbnails... Sooo annoying...)
Annoying to do or annoying to use? You could at *least* add some color...

quote:Oh, lol, and consider yourself reminded. That would be great - you could be my own personal fan club.
Does that mean I have to write fanfic now?

_GEo.
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
could you put up a comparison (basically post pictures) of Orchid and Tomo?

also are most of your drawings based on hybrids? or is this for a game you''re writing?

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

quote:Original post by Alpha_ProgDes
could you put up a comparison (basically post pictures) of Orchid and Tomo?

quote:
also are most of your drawings based on hybrids? or is this for a game you're writing?

Hybrids??? You mean anthros, the people with animal ears, tails, wings, etc? The game design I'm currently working on does have some fantasy anthro characters - I'm designing one with pinto skin at the moment. The ones on my website come from two different previous projects and another current project, one of which called for dog-like humanoid aliens and one of which calls for bird-dinosaur-like humanoid aliens. I like anthro characters because you can get human facial expressions and emotions while at the same time marking the character as clearly not human. Why do you ask?

[edited by - sunandshadow on May 21, 2004 3:57:40 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement