RGB to JPG

Started by
6 comments, last by taurean 19 years, 11 months ago
Is there any simple library/API to convert sgi image (.rgb) to (.jpg) ?. I have an rgba array in my memory and would like to write them as jpg file. ~ Matt
Advertisement
Maybe you can do it manually with Photoshop?
FreeImage
I checked on some of the libraries available online!!!....would like your suggestions on the same!!....

1) libjpeg
2) ImgSource
3) MagicCK....

I am not sure how far their claims support my requirement. I can''t use photoshop or other tools as I would like to convert .RGB file to .JPEG on the fly as .rgb is produced in the middle of my application.

I appreciate your inputs on this!..

~ Matt
quote:Original post by taurean
1) libjpeg

This is the JPEG library. You would use this if you wanted to open and save JEPG images using the JPEG compression algo.

quote:
2) ImgSource

Looks overly complicated compaired to FreeImage, but if you have the time to read the documentation and learn how to use it, by all means go right ahead. It seems this lib will do what you need.

quote:
3) MagicCK....

I don''t know anything about this.
Try looking into DevIL as well
ImageMagick will convert just about anything right off the command line. You can even batch convert and perform manipulations at the same time.
the jpeg library avbl. from IJG could only re-process JPEG files or could also convert .rgb files into .jpg files.

~ Matt

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement