converting VS 6 macros to .NET

Started by
2 comments, last by foofightr 19 years, 11 months ago
Well, they don''t just plug right in. That would be too easy. There''s this commenting macro that I used a lot in VS 6, so I want to use it in VS.NET. I fixed all the syntax errors as best I could (by adding "Dim" before every variable, and changing ActiveDocument.Selection to ActiveDocument.Selection.Text) but it''s giving a runtime error now. Cast from type ''TextSelection'' to type ''String'' is not valid. This is probably due to the ActiveDocument lines, but I''m not a VB coder and I can''t find any info on migrating macros from 6 to .NET. Anyone have a good link to a site that outlines common issues when migrating macros to .NET? Google can''t find anything useful, and a search on these forums yielded nothing.
Advertisement
bump
I have my doubts about whether any issue involved would be common. How about possting that there dangabit code?
First of all the macros are written in visual basic .net, so you should convert them to that first. Secondly the other differences are listed in msdn

I don''t know any tool to convert automatically, so unfortunately you have to do it manually

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement