Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wrong about dev-cpp Oluseyi

This topic is 4955 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

to piss you off Oluseyi i have found some info that proves i was right. http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?whichpage=2&pagesize=20&topic_id=201736
quote:
Original post by Oluseyi
quote:
Original post by wolf0 Make shure you have not installed dev-c++ into the program files directory it does not work in directorys with spaces. if that does not work, uninstall dev-C++, search for any dev-c++ files on your computer and delete, them then reinstall dev-c++.
a.) Bullshit. b.) Holy f*cking necro, Batman! c.) Closed
if you have a look at this link, http://media.wiley.com/product_data/excerpt/23/07645685/0764568523.pdf It clearly says, "6. Accept the default directory, c:\Dev-CPP. Don’t install Dev-C++ in the directory \Program Files with all the other executables. That’s because Dev-C++ doesn’t do well with directories that contain spaces in their names." And when i sayed you have to search for some dev-c++ file and delete them, well guess what im right. http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1036469&forum_id=48211 "(1) Run the uninstall program...called uininstall in the dev-c++ directory. Do not go to Start:Control Panel:Add or Remove Programs - directly run the program in the Dev directory (2) Delete the Dev directory (3) Find and remove devcpp.ini and devcpp.cfg. In Windows 9x this is easy, they are in the Dev directory. For the other Windows - 2000, XP, NT - it is a little harder, as they are placed in a directory that Windows calls hidden. On this computer, the are in: c:\documents and settings\username\local settings\application data You can find them with Windows search, if you remember to click the box that says look in hidden folders. It is VITAL that these files be removed, as they contain information about your current install. If this information is still there when you re-install, it can foul things up again. Please, if you have XP, 2000 etc., the files ARE there. Do not answer that the files were not on my machine. (4) Restart (5) Re-download the full Dev installation from the web site (6) Install Dev, preferably where it wants to go, usuallly c:\dev-cpp, but definitely NOT in a directory with spaces in its name, like "Program Files" or "My Documents" " so make shure you know what your talking about before you say bullshit. You laugh at me because im different,I laugh at you because you are all the same.

quote:
Original post by wolf0
to piss you off Oluseyi i have found some info that proves i was right.
LOL, hardly.

I''ve installed Dev-C++ on multiple machines (Windows 2000 and XP), and I''ve always installed to Program Files. I hate having applications outside that hierarchy; I only make exceptions for WTK because the guys at Sun are shitheads.

MinGW (the compiler) doesn''t have a problem with Windows paths. MinGW Developer Studio doesn''t have a problem with Windows paths. Dev-C++ doesn''t have a problem with Windows paths.

Have a nice day. Oh, and next time, don''t resurrect a 5-month old thread with a pointless and inaccurate "follow-up."

This topic is 4955 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.